But how do you know if you are really ready to take the plunge, as in you know… get engaged, plan a wedding, get married, buy a home, buy some plants, make sure they don’t die, then get a puppy and have kids?
Here are the top 10 signs that you might be ready to get engaged.
1- Even though you enjoy the company of others, you can’t wait to be in the same room with each other.
2- When you think of the future, there is no one else you would rather spend the rest of your life with.
3- You have more things in common than not (yes, make a list, it helps!)
4- You both have a high level of respect and admiration for each other (there is NOTHING without genuine mutual respect and trust).
5- Life is not a task, a bore, overbearing or a drag with him, but actually more fun, easier and light. It should actually be much easier to manage and navigate life with each others strengths than without.
6- Your downfalls as well as his are mutually appreciated and embraced as contributing differences, that could potentially enhance the relationship.
7- You have both talked and have agreed about the “important things”. Those things that make a difference, such as what a future together would look like. The discussion should encompass career, dreams and aspirations, finances, understanding and respect for personal time, children and how to raise them, and of course let’s not forget politics and religion.
Some things may not seem important right now, but as they come up later, these things could mean a whole lot, to one or the other, they could very well be “deal breakers” and perhaps even strain the relationship, so, as scary as having these discussions it may seem, it is better to talk about them now rather than later!
8- If you are both in agreement of a good 70% to 80% of things and can find some sort of compromise, not sacrifice, in the other 20% to 30%, you are in great shape!
9- You are ready to be committed to and exclusive with each other. No-one is perfect and not everything will always be perfect, but those are the very things that make strong, long lasting marriages, because if you can both work out together all the adversities that life throws your way, that is the heart of a solid marriage.
10- All in all remember, if you have love, mutual respect and trust, then you have everything!
Recipe for a good, healthy and strong marriage
The foundation of a good marriage is love, trust and respect. The heart of a marriage and what makes it work is understanding and patience, lots of patience. The strength of a marriage comes from the unwavering commitment to each other and the ability to work things out together as a unit without losing yourself in the process.
As time passes people will naturally change, everything changes with time… personal interestschange, dreams and aspirations change and sometimes even love changes, most of the time for the best… marriage is therefore a synchronized living art created by two different individuals where, in the end, the brushes should always meet with a loving and gentle stroke, bringing to life the vision of two souls in love forever.
Enjoy the journey!
With Valentine’s Day coming up, it is a big day around the world for both proposals and weddings. The world of Celebdom has seen some […]
Oh my Gosh! Don’t you just hate it? It’s time to get back to regular life! After months of careful wedding planning, budgeting and endless […]
Holy Matrimony Batman! Yes, if you were wondering why it is that you get both an Engagement and a Wedding ring, then it comes from […]
If you are one of the many Urban Brides who are looking forward to touches of informality on your big tend, then one of the […]
What is the most iconic wedding symbol of all? It is the circle. This come from long ago with the Pharaohs of Egypt who saw […]
However, it is also the most expensive month to get married in because you are going to be paying a premium for that lovely summer […]